Thursday, September 22, 2011

Video-Art

I'm taking a Multimedia Arts course this semester. It's primarily a video-art class. I'm kind of sad, because I wanted to use paint, I wanted to use old family slides, I wanted to use a darkroom. Somehow I will figure out a way to integrate those interests into a project in this class. Just today I had an interesting project idea for an installation using Cinemagraphs.

I'm posting my first in-class assignment in Multimedia. It's called "Jillian's Dream," as our assignment was to film a video work about your partner.

My partner and I exchanged notes on each others' likes, interests, characteristics, activities, etc.

The main points used to create this video work:
1) a girl who equally parties and works too much to stay involved in past interests.
2) a girl who can't stay put in one place for too long.
3) a girl who is addicted to coffee.

Some of the shots and edits are a bit rough. Mind you, this was brainstormed and filmed in a matter of an hour or two, and edited in a matter or 45 minutes, give or take. This was not for a grade, just for participation. We were not assigned any instructions on sound and used the camera's internal mike for beat (:/). However, I was able to use the beat sounds in some interesting ways. I am sad the audio is not more refined (maybe I should remove it altogether, but I like some of the sounds too much). I thought the video piece turned out to have some nice rhythmic sequences of video montage and natural sounds.

No comments: