Saturday, June 18, 2011

Seeing Red

So I'm a huge fan of tomato and red bell pepper this week.

Today I started making a london broil.

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can Hunt's tomato sauce
2 cloves chopped garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon cayan pepper
1.5 lb london broil

Dump it all in a slow cooker and cook for at least 7 hours, or for as long as 10. Cook up some potatoes and asparagus. Poor the gravy over the meat and potatos and serve.

Later in the week I have plans for some red pepper lovin' --

1. Red pepper and potato soup.

2. Pancetta and red pepper tomato sauce over pasta.

I'll update on how it turns out once I make it.

I seriously need to invest some olive oil seeing as my mother in-law (future) didn't leave any around before she and her husband left town for two weeks.




No comments: